Book On-line or by Telephone
Our prices and
are always accurate as they are updated automatically as bookings are made.
If the holiday cottage and dates you want are shown as available, you can book and pay on-line instantly. You can also book by telephone.
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up to date with any special offers, late availability and cancellations by joining our free mailing list
Brunton House, Alnwick, Northumberland
- large luxury self-catering holiday house for groups
- Visit England 5 Stars Gold grading
- located on famous Northumberland country estate
- midway between Alnwick and Bamburgh
- sleeps 16
Perfectly located midway between Alnwick and Bamburgh and close to Northumberland's Heritage Coast, Brunton House is a splendid, stone-built, traditional Northumbrian country house
only two miles across fields from the beach. Completed by Easter 2013, it has undergone a top quality top-to-toe refurbishment to create a luxury self-catering holiday house suitable for large
The extensive renovations to the house have been carefully designed with large groups in mind, making the house ideally suited for memorable family get-togethers, special occasions
and sporting parties. There is fabulous entertaining space, including a dining room seating 16, an elegant drawing room, and an atmospheric hall ideal for pre-dinner drinks or playing games,
in addition to a games room and snug / TV room for guests to play pool or table football, find a quiet spot to work, curl up with a film, or relax with a good book.
The elegant interior of Brunton House is light, bright and incredibly spacious. Superb designer fabrics ensure each room has its own individual charm, with a seamless fusion of classic
antique and contemporary items, original artworks, quirky objets d'art, and an extensive library of books dotted around the house. All mod-cons are provided, including good Wi-Fi throughout
the house, i-docks, a large TV with Sky in the snug, and additional TVs with Freeview and built-in DVD players in the drawing room and every bedroom. Eight individually-designed bedrooms
and seven luxurious bathrooms provide superb boutique-hotel-style sleeping accommodation.
The estate is well set up to cater for family and group bookings.
Brunton and the Fallodon Estate
The house is set within its own private and beautifully-maintained mature gardens on an organic farm in the middle of the 2,500 acre Fallodon Estate, between Alnwick and Bamburgh, on the
edge of the Northumberland Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
The former home of Prime Minister Charles Grey and Foreign Secretary and ornithologist Sir Edward Grey, the estate has an impressive history. Guests are welcome to make use of the
estate, which boasts an abundance of wildlife, including red squirrels, deer, otters, and a variety of birdlife. The estate provides fabulous walks, excellent cycling on quiet roads, and fishing on
a stocked trout lake. Guests can bring their own horses to ride on the many bridle paths and the beaches. The original stables are behind Brunton House and paddocks are available close by.
For larger groups wishing to holiday together and maintain a higher degree of privacy, Mill Race (sleeps 4) and Brunton Burn (sleeps 2) are also available to let nearby.
Northumberland Self-Catering Holiday Cottage Accommodation
Please view our floor plan (PDF) to see the layout of the accommodation.
Ground Floor Accommodation
- Fabulous large hall with seating area, log-burner, piano and i-dock. This is a perfect space for pre-dinner drinks and has easy access to the adjacent drinks room.
- Drinks room with drinks fridge, ice freezer, wash basin and cocktails-making kit.
- Drawing room with Jetmaster open fire place, television with Freeview and i-dock.
- Games room with pool table, games table, sofas and log-burner.
- TV room / snug with large flat-screen TV with Sky and DVD player.
- Kitchen / dining room partially divided by a chimney breast with an open fire. Dining area with an open Jetmaster fire place and extendable dining table for up to 16 guests.
- Extensively-equipped kitchen with electric Aga, electric hob, two dishwashers, large fridge / freezer, double Belfast sinks, and kitchen island with breakfast bar.
- Second cook's kitchen with large electric double oven with gas hob, large fridge, microwave and a kitchen table ideal for feeding younger children.
- Large walk-in larder with a very big freezer.
- Boot room / log store ideal for dogs to sleep in and storage of outdoor kit.
- Drying room for drying outdoor kit.
- Laundry with two washing machines, tumble dryer, Belfast sink, ironing area and 'lazy susan'.
- Cloakroom with basin and wc.
- Shower room with walk-in shower, basin and wc.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
The fabulous individually-themed bedrooms at Brunton House comprise three with super-king-size beds and five with zip-and-link beds, which can be configured either as super-king-size or
twins. Each of the bedrooms on the first floor has its own en-suite or adjacent bathroom. The two second floor bedrooms share a bathroom, making this floor ideal for a family, teenage children or a
nanny. Every bedroom has working shutters, a television with Freeview and DVD, a dressing table, and plenty of storage. There are heated towel rails in each bathroom. Luxurious White Company
Egyptian cotton towels and Miller Harris toiletries are provided for all guests.
First Floor Accommodation
- Bedroom One with a super-king-size bed and a large en-suite bathroom with a large bath, large shower with rain-forest shower-head, double basin and wc.
- Bedroom Two with a super-king-size bed and an en-suite bathroom with a clawfoot bath with fabulous, uninterrupted views, basin and wc.
- Bedroom Three with a super-king-size bed and basin.
- Large bathroom opposite with a free-standing bath, separate shower with rain-forest shower-head, basin and wc.
- Bedroom Four with a super-king-size or twin beds and an en-suite bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and wc.
- Bedroom Five with a super-king-size or twin beds and an en-suite bathroom with fabulous original cast-iron bath, basin and wc.
- Bedroom Six with a super-king-size or twin beds.
- Dressing room with an en-suite bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and wc. This is ideal for a child in a cot.
Second Floor Accommodation
- Bedroom Seven with a super-king-size or twin beds.
- Bedroom Eight with a super-king-size or twin beds.
- Family bathroom with bath, separate shower with rain-forest shower-head, basin and wc.
Wi-Fi and Mobile Telephones
There is Wi-Fi throughout the house. There is mobile telephone coverage on most networks.
Garden and Grounds
Brunton House sits within private and beautifully-maintained mature gardens that include a secluded children's play area. Our guests also have the use of the wider estate extending to
some 2,500 acres. There is ample parking, and a stable yard is available for any guests who wish to bring their own horses to ride on the many bridlepaths and local beaches. The stables
can also be used for the storage of outdoor kit and for dogs to sleep in during the warmer months.
Catering and Housekeeping
Locally, we are very lucky to have some excellent chefs and outstanding local suppliers. Please do get in touch with the following, and we ask you to please give them plenty of
notice, as they are very popular.
Georgie Harding Newman - Fig Food
Superb, stunning dinner parties with style and imagination that are truly tasteful in every sense.
Telephone: 01289 387190 or 07891 918001
Many years' experience of creating classy, thoughtful dinners for house party gatherings and celebrations using a wonderful variety of local produce.
Telephone: 01668 282222 or 07855 621984
Intimate dinner parties and bespoke homemade dishes using local, fresh and seasonal ingredients.
Telephone: 01289 388223
Turnbull's of Alnwick
Award-winning family butcher offering ready meals, such as lamb hotpot and fruit crumbles. Delivery service for meat, veg, eggs, pies, pastries, etc, also buffets and outdoor catering.
Telephone: 01665 602186
A restricted housekeeping service (eg change of sheets and hoovering) can be arranged via the office. Please call 01665 589120.
Facilities for Infants
A travel cot and high chair are available on request. A babysitting service can be provided on request.
Please ask if you would like to bring dogs. Two well-behaved, sociable dogs are welcome at Brunton House, but they must be kept at the back of the house in the uncarpeted areas on the
ground floor. The warm, clean, light, drying / boot-room is ideal. Additional dogs may be allowed, with our prior permission, to stay in the stables. Please do not let them loose in the grounds since
this is a working farm with livestock and machinery. They must be kept under close control at all times.
Please contact us if you have any questions.